Saturday 11 April 2015

Rule Britannia Ident Completion/Submission

After a slightly hellish week of doing nothing for this ident, due to my partner's unfortunate illness, we both managed to pull through and get this finished in time for submission. I had to spend a rather hectic weekend finishing the damn thing (as I had to spend time with my family the weekend it was due and I hadn't even started animating it, plus there was no audio! And it had to be done on After Effects, the most unstable glass cannon software on my computer) but I still managed. In order to create the audio, I basically sampled different pieces of the existing ident music (and it sounded pretty damn good when it was slowed down) and also used audio samples of the showreel they gave out. I had no means to create music, so I tried experimenting a little. It was a form of sampling inspired by the video game, Earthbound's soundtrack.


It turned out okay, not a complete mess, but I feel like the chaotic nature of the audio I created fit perfectly with the gritty tone of the ident.

I also took the characters Fiona drew and converted them puppets on After Effects. The process of converting them puppets and animating them actually went quite smoothly. A simple process on After Effects actually went smoothly! Shocking right? I also used some green-screening to add the showreel footage to the TV in the ident. Well, here's what was made in the end! 


Now, unfortunately, since I this finished a night before the deadline day, my partner had a pretty tough time submitting this because the website was lagging like crazy, as it usually does on deadline day. Makes me think: Are there other universities out there with the exact same module as us that stressed people out so much that they couldn't finish the work early maybe? Anyway, here's how the process went, as Fiona screen-grabbed it.
Starting out okay. Basically just wrote the summary that was on the pitch board.

And two hours later, she makes it to page two! 

After much heartache, she manages to upload it 101%!... Wait wut?

Okay that's better! Man, this site gets screwy when you submit it too late.

Okay, finally the thing is submitted and paid for! *exhausted exhale*

And that's it for that brief! It was a long and treacherous road, and we both learned a lot from this, but booooooooyyyyyy am I glad it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment