Sunday 12 April 2015

Loop de Loop: 'Gravity'

The theme for Loop de Loop at February and March was 'Gravity', which I wasn't really all that sure about. Seemed like a rather vague theme for animation, honestly. But for the sake of the my little animator bug that's been slowly dying in my mind for the past few months, I had to at least go for it. I admit, I was kind of lacking in ideas for this. After a while, I decided to experiment, by opening Flash and just keep going as I went along, then see where it takes me. So I just drew a generic stick-figure and started animating. Pretty straight-forward. I was kind of surprised with the results actually. It ran quite smoothly, though that's not to say it wasn't difficult and time-consuming like animation usually is, and I had fun with the expressions of the character. It fit the theme and looped quite well too. It's not perfect though, and I guess that's why it wasn't accepted for submission.


So this was decent practice for character animation, and straight ahead animation, something I've never tried before. Maybe in the future I can try it and it'll make it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment