Saturday 9 November 2013

Pixilation: Predator and Prey

My study task here was to create a short 600-1000 frame animation that conveys the theme of predator and prey, using an animation technique known as Pixilation. I thought about how I should convey this idea of a predator catching its prey and tried having fun with it. So the first idea that came to my mind was the idea of a student getting lured into their room and eaten alive by it. I developed on this idea by writing notes about how exactly the room would come alive.


I was mainly influenced by Jan Svankmajer as I was planning this. I took his style and applied it to my story. Because it's a short video, there wasn't really enough to add on top of what I went with so as I was making a storyboard very quickly in my sketchbook, I thought about what I was capable of doing and using that. So changes were made for the short in my storyboard. I did, however, focus on how it would be shot and what would be symbolic of a predator catching its prey. 






There wasn't much change from the storyboard to the actual pixilation in the end, there were some changes I thought were more suitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment