Friday 8 November 2013

Hanna-Barbera Sound Effects

As I was editing my animation about Lateness, I started adding sound effects via the CD box of Hanna-Barbera sound effects we have here in college. Before then it was just some box that sat in corner to me, and yet as of now, after going through and listening to them, I suddenly got the importance of sound effects in animation. They aren't very realistic sound effects, in fact a lot of them are sounds that you wouldn't normally hear under the circumstances in which they made in cartoons; however, they make a world of difference once they are added. The sound effects themselves are surprisingly common. You'll hear them in almost every cartoon, video game, etc, after the shows they came from. Futurama, for example, uses a lot of sound effects from The Jetsons. Even the Resident Evil games have used the sound effects for growling dogs. Honestly there are far too many stuff to list, but that just shows how much of an impact their sound effects have added to animation in general. I'll definitely be using those CDs a lot from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment