Wednesday 31 December 2014

Working with Dope Sheets

I was introduced to dope sheets the other week, which are basically plans on where and when to place the audio within a frame of animation. It is particularly useful for lip syncing in character animation, during scenes that require dialogue. To be honest, I'd learned about dope sheets a while ago from the Animator's Survival Kit, and they looked just as terrifying then as they did this time. Granted, I have learned to get used to them, since I was given a very simple dope sheet that was rather easy to get into. I can actually get behind using dope sheets more often in the future, because I found it way easier to lip sync this way. It would also be useful to animating in general, really, especially overlapping and secondary actions.

Using the dope sheets I was given, I was able to practice lip syncing on Maya. I made this video with the phonemes and audio I was given:


No comments:

Post a Comment