Monday 3 November 2014

Modelling Skills

I've started working with Maya (3D animating/modelling software) to develop my skills beyond the traditional 2D animation software, and so far I'm finding it pretty challenging but still lots of fun. Since I'm accustomed to this yet, I was given a very simple task of making a 3D model of a truck.



I think it went pretty well. I learned a lot about Maya during the making of this. I even made an animation of this truck, just for funsies:


Next I was tasked into making another object of my choice. I tried not to go overboard with my decision (and by I overboard, I mean I was originally going to pick the Great Sword of Artorias from Dark Souls) so I settled with making a very simple coffee mug.


I think it went pretty well. This took some trial and error, of course. I find that that's a good method for me to learn about the software. It takes some time getting used to though so I did get help from others, telling me about the different tools and reminding me of what I can do. In the end, I've learned quite a bit and I'm looking to learn how to animate as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment