Friday 28 November 2014

Cinematography/Layout in Animation

Cinematography is an aspect of film that I personally hold very dear to me. Having studied this in the past, though only in the context of live-action cinema, I wanted to see if this knowledge can be applied to animation.


I mean, obviously it can but I wanted to look at which animations stand out specifically to me, in terms of layout and cinematography, as well as look at live-action examples (most of which will be from Stanley Kubrick films, since his films have the greatest and most influential cinematography ever) and see they work at assisting the narrative.

One thing I adore about animating in 3D, using Maya, is the ability to control the camera, because it means I have full control over every shot, and I can manipulate it in a manner that is not possible, or at least as freely, in 2D.

No comments:

Post a Comment