Monday 10 November 2014

Interim Crit - Responses

So the responses for my interim critique were fairly positive, overall. Everybody seemed happy with my approach and, and I managed to catch some wincing amongst the group when I described what sound effects I would use for the arm breaking, so I know to definitely keep my sound effect for that in.

In terms of feedback, though, I was mainly advised to plan my lighting effects more clearly, since I mainly just designed the room and not really took notice of the type of lighting (I guess I just assumed everybody would know what the lighting would be like, since the idea was in my head at the time), so I'll do some more concept artwork for the room that gives a clear depiction of what the lighting would be like.

I was also told to look at more actors for reference, to observe and analyse their performances, the different manners in which they act. I can therefore get a clearer understanding for how to act the way I want to, crazy but in an over-the-top manner. I also thought to look at other animated characters for reference, rather than just live action, and I thought about the animations for the character, Artorias the Abyss Walker, from the video game Dark Souls. Who, just like my character, has a broken arm.


Finally, I was told to take advantage of the prop I chose, a computer wheel chair. At the moment, Moom only interacts with it a few times. The idea would be that he moves quite frantically on it, and the chair rolls around everywhere in the environment.

Some great advice, overall. I will definitely make those changes. I'm expecting to find myself take advantage of the environment I've created once I actually model it.

No comments:

Post a Comment