Wednesday 26 November 2014

Brief Selection - Part 1:

I will be taking part in some selected briefs to practice some areas of interest involving my skills as an animator. I looked at and considered several areas I need to focus on in the future. I thought a lot about it and I feel that the areas to focus on are, character design, 2D animation, and appealing to a target audience. The reason for this is that for character design, I have a bad habit of designing a character and going with the first design I come up with. I tend to get lucky from doing this, of course, but I want to spend more time on character design so that I can get used to it and develop each character I design more and more until they are perfect. I want to practice 2D animation, because that is the medium I am undoubtedly the most interested in, and I want to maintain, or even improve, the skills I already have while I'm learning 3D in my other module. I want to develop my understanding on target audiences because I want to know how to appeal to an audience, in terms of how to advertise myself and possibly even others, and creating appropriate content for specific audiences; because while I enjoy storytelling, I never really take target audience into consideration enough and I want to take my current knowledge even deeper, because I know I'm capable of being successful at this, having gotten high grades in the past in media studies, when looking at audience theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment