Sunday 20 April 2014

Proof of Concept - Camera Panning in After Effects

In the fourth scene of my title sequence, I'm planning on having a close up, that quickly pans out to a full body shot. Of course it's animated so I'm talking about using imaginary cameras here, and that's mostly used in After Effects. I've done a tracking shot before on Flash using Parallaxing (moving multiple layers simultaneously in a particular manner that generates the illusion of depth), but I've never tried zooming/panning out in animation. I figured the best way to do it was to use After Effects, seeing as it uses 'video layers' so I can use something animated on, say, Photoshop, render it, then manipulate it on After Effects. It was actually very simple this way. Here's what I made:


I simply made an animation on Photoshop, rendered it to Quicktime video, then imported the video file to After Effects where I can alter the shape whilst the video is moving, then changed the scale. Okay, it does sound complicated but when you actually jump right into it, and you have an understanding of the After Effects as a tool, then it might work out well for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment