Monday 14 April 2014

Flash - Proof of Concept - Backwards walk cycle + silhouette

One part of the title sequence involves a silhouetted character walking backwards, and I realised as I planned this that I had no idea how to animate a backwards walk cycle. I also planned on using Flash to animate this portion of the title sequence, as I think that would be a good way to simplify and stylise the silhouettes, sticking to the art style of this segment, whilst also maintaining the overall form, through the use of converting the characters to graphic symbols. Now I want to show the basic look of the segment whilst also trying out a backwards walk cycle.


I used this video for reference and quickly made this little piece of animation with it.


I only animated two lines that represent legs, and I used a similar colour scheme to one I'd use for the final version. This isn't perfectly animated but it looks enough like a backwards walk-cycle that I can look at it and see how I could improve on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment