Sunday 6 March 2016

Millie's House

As this is the main setting of the pilot, I should make sure the setting tells us as much about the series as possible, since the actual story of the pilot is all about the two main characters, I'm fairly limited on what I can show in it. I don't wish to hide too much, nor do I want to bombard the viewer with information, so I think visual hints at what might happen later on in the series would help.

I've always thought of settings as characters, meaning there is usually some kind of signifier within the mise en scene. This video explains it better than I do.

This is the kind of logic I wish to operate on. Now how the setting will establish the characterisation and situations of not only Millie but the whole family is another story. The house needs to:

A) Set the tone for the series
B) Establish possible story elements
C) Contain appropriate mise en scene for the characters

No comments:

Post a Comment