Sunday 6 March 2016

How Would I Describe Millie's World?

I am having a lot of trouble thinking of how to make concept art for Sillie & Millie and I can't find any examples of similar concept art. It might help if I describe with words what the world will is.
It's hard to explain really so I'll try and describe it the best I can.

Millie's world is based on a modern day English setting. There is not a specific year for this series yet so let's just say it's the year "201X". Even though this is a real-world setting, it's a vibrant and cartoony place, so weird and over-the-top stuff can happen (I mean just listen to the plot of the series, a toy gets possessed by a spirit). The world's aspects can be thought of automatically as the series goes along, depending on what the writers come up with, as long as they don't end up ruining the story or anything.

In terms of how the backgrounds look, it just looks like a more vibrant version of the real-world, kind of like The Simpsons, or Regular Show.

I think this helps get a proper idea. I'm probably just better off using examples of the aesthetic of other shows or movies to inspire me, or rather inspire the background artist (s).

No comments:

Post a Comment