Monday 2 February 2015

Finding a Collaborative Partner

For my brief, I wanted to be picky with my partner. The one I had chosen already decided to work with someone else unfortunately so that left wondering who else I could work with. I wanted to pick someone who is well-organised, and is good at drawing and animating. It also had to be someone I like too, because while I would need to know how to work with someone that's not too close to me, I think when working in twos, it has to be someone I respect, can rely on, and enjoy their company. If I'm paired with a stranger who I risk hating then work simply can't be done efficiently. I'd like to learn, but I would much rather get work done effectively.

I think collaboration is very important for somebody working in animation, because animation is not something that can be done overnight alone, it has be a team of people generating ideas, and working simultaneously. A lot of people celebrate the idea of being more introverted, but that won't actually get you anywhere quickly. There's always something you need another person to help you with, or even do for you.

I wanted to work with a friend, as all as a talent at drawing and animation. I think highly of my own skills at animating, and feel that applying those skills alongside another talented person would result in great results. They would also have to be talented at an aspect that I'm not great at doing, such as painting or background art, I'm more of an inker and a character animator so backgrounds/landscapes/buildings are my enemies. I wanted a friend too because, as I said before, I don't like the idea of working with a stranger at this point in time, especially if I want to get work done and I know if the partner can be efficient. I'm not in the right position to be paired with a stranger at this point in my life.

I want to pick an animation brief. It's not really recommended because a lot of animators will be picking an animation brief, but I don't really care about winning. I'm doing this to learn so actually winning a competition brief is more on the back of my mind than anything else. It would be cool if I did win, but I'm not really bothered either way. Besides, I'm going to be animating with people in the future so I might as well develop the skills now.

No comments:

Post a Comment