Wednesday 11 February 2015

Collaborative Briefs: Which to Choose

Having chosen my partner now, we were looking at three different briefs from the website D&AD. There were a bunch to choose from, but we chose to look at these three, because they seemed to be the most likely to do given the time we have (plus it we HAD to because the tutors said we had to choose between three).

WWF: Open Brief to inspire young people to look after the planet:
This was suggested by my partner because she figured we might have more of a shot at this, seeing as it's an open brief and if we were to create an animation, as opposed to everybody else who would probably create a poster, or a web banner or something like that. I'd be up for that, although I do hate awareness campaigns, but this would be a good addition to our portfolios as it shows that we can create an animation for something beyond our comfort zone. The problem, however, is that the mandatory length of a video, if that's being submitted, is two minutes, and that would take way too much time to make.

wetransfer: Create an image of yourself in 10 years:
This is one I figured would be fun and easy to do. That's basically the gist of it, draw how you see yourself in ten years. I figured how this project would work is we'd help each other out with the illustrations and submit our images separately. If we decide to change our minds to this last-minute it actually wouldn't be much of a hassle too.

Vice UK: Create a 10 - 15 second ident for Vice Britannia:
I chose this one as well because it would be easy to make. I for one am not a big fan of Vice at all, but I am a fan of doing one ten - fifteen second animation! My partner agrees as well and thinks this would be a good brief to go for. I think it would be a great challenge to be creative, as a ten second animation can be challenging to be memorable. I'm thinking we could make something shocking and engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment