Wednesday 7 January 2015

Storyboard/Animatic Change

These were the original storyboards for the animation. They were kind of rushed, since I wasn't entirely together that day, and was sort of last minute, but it was basic enough to get an idea of what my animation will entail.








Granted, these were made before I made that spreadsheet of all of Moom's faces, that I mentioned before, so I didn't quite know what I was capable of doing with Moom at the time. I think I went a little overboard, because quite a few of these poses and expressions wouldn't have been possible with Moom. So I decided to update this with the help of that spreadsheet and some more knowledge about Moom.







Here, I improved some of the more basic issues with the first one, such as the lack of detail on lighting and shadow, but I also changed the camera angles and the beginning leading up to where the audio begins. I figured the camera beginning straight away with a speeding camera that stops instantly would be a bit too disorienting. Plus, I felt like him writing on a piece of paper next to a stack of papers established quite well that he was a guy who had been working for too long, plus him gripping the pencil too hard and it breaking was funny symbolism of his mentality "snapping". I also wanted him to interact with the chair more so I added him moving across the room on it, and falling down on it in the end. Also, might I add, the arm he broke was also his writing hand, quite the definitive "I'm so done with work" action, since he can no longer work now. Oh yeah, and there's actually audio in the animatic now.

No comments:

Post a Comment