Wednesday 7 January 2015

Animating the Camera in Maya

As I was setting up the scene in Maya, I realised something. I have no idea how the camera works. After all, wasn't that one of the things I was focusing on? How to take full advantage of the camera? So I stopped to practice animating the camera, and it turned out to be one of the more frustrating things about animating on Maya. That frigging camera was difficult to learn. Of course I would always look at the guide given on the Autodesk website. It's never done me wrong to look at the official guides, and I did learn the basics. So I made another video to practice the basic camera movement.


Yeah... I was getting kinda crazy that day, and I figured the content of the video wasn't exactly going to effect anything, but hey, all that matters is that I managed a decent camera pan and zoom. To be honest, animating the facial expressions was harder than animating the camera... I guess I was just bored.

Anyway, I did learn about the camera from this, I even found out I can mess around with it on the graph editor. I know there's more to the camera than just this, but after this I can learn about the camera as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment