Wednesday 19 March 2014

Visual Language - My Sketchbook - 1

A sketch book can be a great place for artists to express themselves and make notes about their experiences. It is a good way to develop their fascination with drawing to a whole new level. Sketchbooks are considered the birthplace of ideas, because what started out as a small sketch could develop into something huge, even if it's an idea that was thought up on a whim, or something doodled on a sheet of paper. I have numerous examples from my own sketch book that I want to go through bit-by-bit.


This is actually something I drew a long time ago, on a different sketch book. It was just something I drew because I thought about the amount of trouble office workers, students, artists, etc go through and how it is very often taken for granted. I used a weird German Expressionist style and dutch tilt to represent the despair and stress this worker is being put through. This is just so surprisingly relevant today that I felt like showing it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment