Monday 8 February 2016

Sillie & Millie Music

For the full series, I would like to place a lot of importance in the music of the show. Up until now, I have always just sort of cherry picked a few public domain themes to use for my stories, but right now I need original music to keep my pilot and the later series fresh. In terms of the soundtrack as a whole, I want a contrast between light and comedic, with gentle and heartwarming. I'm looking for somewhat rock vibes, with a touch experimentation to make the music sound unique and surreal. As such, I have looked into the soundtracks for the Mother (AKA Earthbound) series and Undertale. For TV inspiration, that would be Adventure Time, mainly for similarly experimental background music.

Introduction - Mother

Eight Melodies - Mother

Opening Credits - Earthbound 

Porky's House - Earthbound 

Buzz Buzz Prophecy - Earthbound

Home Sweet Home (Pollyanna) - Earthbound

Onett - Earthbound

Boris' Cocktail - Earthbound

HI HI HI (Saturn Valley Theme) - Earthbound

Eight Melodies - Earthbound

Fun Naming - Mother 3

Mother's Hometown (Love Theme) - Mother 3

Happy Town? - Mother 3

Club Titiboo - Mother 3

The Green Train's Fun Too - Mother 3

Flowers - Mother 3i (this is from the soundtrack CD released alongside the game)

Some themes from Undertale fit the feel of the show as well.

Home - Undertale

sans - Undertale

Snowy - Undertale

Undertale - Undertale

Memory - Undertale

Here are examples from Adventure Time as well.

Adventure Time

I feel like these all represent the kind of bitter-sweet tone that I am going for with this series. For the main theme of the show. What I'm going to specifically ask for with regards to the main theme is a whole other story that would need its own blog post to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment