Thursday 8 May 2014

Ceramics Documentation 2

Another thing to mention about my ceramics is the task I was given to shape 12 little plasticine balls in a sequence. I took the principles of animation into consideration as I was making this, as I wanted to give the illusion of a ball transforming, even when seen in picture format; I even used the pose-to-pose approach upon making this. This was the sequence of images:


You can kind of gather that it's Lumpy Space Princess there, just to quickly get that out of the way, but I think you can see where I applied the principles of animation. Again, I used pose-to-pose, and I also used squash and stretch, as well as a technique known as settling, in which a character, after a squash/stretch, would squash and stretch very slightly before regaining their original form.; in this case, LSP's slight change in height after morphing. I focused a lot on timing and spacing, because since it's 12 frames long then it would have to be a quick but smooth transformation.

When I was done took a sequence of photographs with them: 












I then converted these into an image sequence on Quicktime (12fps):


I'd say it works pretty well, considering I didn't use Dragonframe or any other stop-motion animation software, nor have I ever made a claymation animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment