Monday 11 May 2015

Character Design - Larry


Since I was told this character was supposed to be a lemon, I figured I would make him stand out, and make him unique to how people would typically design a character out of a fruit like this (which I gather is a rather specific thing to think about). I figured, rather than be predictable by simply putting a face on a lemon, but work around the shape of it too. I wondered how putting a lemon on its side would help this, and naturally made the side with a stalk on it be where the face is. Afterwards, the mustache kind of reminded me of a jolly old man so I just made his eyes small and have crow's feet. I figured it would add to this personality if I didn't try and get really exaggerated with his expressions, but instead maintain this expression the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment