Monday 10 February 2014

Idents/Titles/Campaign

For my next task, I'll have a choice between making a TV channel ident, a title sequence for a film or series, or a short campaign.

The channel ident would be interesting, because you can get some fascinating pieces of animation from them, particularly the E4 ones, seeing as some of them are made the notorious Cyriak. They can be interesting or just simple shots of the logo appearing, a more conventional approach.

I have always had a love for title sequences, because they aren't easy to make and aren't always necessary, in fact a lot of Hollywood films of today have stopped using title sequences or use them at the end of the film, strangely enough. But I love the concept of establishing tone and narrative, and they're quite mandatory, for me anyway, because they can help excite the audience or ease them into the story.

There was also the choice of creating a campaign ad for either Amnesty International, or Childline. This would be an interesting task for me, to see if I can create something more serious and sympathetic. On the other hand, I've never enjoyed campaign ads, mainly for personal reasons that I won't go into, so I can't see myself choosing this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment