Monday 20 January 2014

Production of Fire: Birth and Death - Character Designs

Here are the designs for my character. 


This sheet shows all the stages of its physical growth and how I intend to make him move during each phase. I highlighted the part about the fire's pattern because that is an essential aspect about fire that I have observed, that being that fire generally doesn't move in a consistent pattern, and the idea was that the flame's body moves just like a regular fire.


I wanted to focus a lot on the expressions of the flame, and a lot of that came from the character's eyes. So I made a sheet for its eyes to see how they'd look and how they'd move under certain circumstances. I made a note to think about John K's art style, because he generally focuses a lot on eye movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment